I just looked outside to check the patriarchy and apparently it’s reigning men
reminder that the matrix trilogy was written and directed by a trans woman (lana wachowski) along with her brother
one of the most influential and iconic sci fi movies was created by a trans woman and MORE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!! lana wachowski is a babe and an inspiration, one of the few female directors in hollywood as well as one of the few transgender people in hollywood.
Natalia Kills ran her mouth today about how “All About That Bass” is a song that bullies and victimizes thin girls. I then ran my mouth about how that is a load of bullshit on a variety of levels. (x)
I don’t see how people are going through such lengths to justify saying “skinny bitches.”
Can’t we just make body positve one of those things that you can’t call someone/thing if it’s conditional.
I get that fat phobia is a bigger issue. But you know, two wrongs to don’t make it right.
Also like, as a hetrosexual male. I’m not about to act like thin women don’t have it worse than me. Like, really?
"I’m a heterosexual male. I actually am not entitled to an opinion in this particular conversation about women and policing of women’s bodies."
There, fixed that for you.
Natasha + vulnerability
important ship tropes:
- fake dating
- SECRET dating
- being locked in a room or trapped in a small space
- huDDLING FOR WARMTH
- BEING ON THE BRINK OF ADMITTING THEIR FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER BUT THEN GETTING INTERRUPTED
- finishing each other’s sentences, KNOWING WHAT THE OTHER IS ABOUT TO SAY
- tou chi NG!!!! FOr eheA DS!!!!!!11!!
- wearing each other’s clothes
- doing that thing where they accidentally get real close and, like, stare meaningfully at each other for a few seconds too long
- channeling the inner romcom and having an epiphany about how much they care about each other and RACING TO CONFESS THEIR LOVE
- fucking. Now or Never Kiss
- HEIGHT DIFFERENCES
- defending each other to scathing tertiary or otherwise minor characters but ONLY WHEN THE OTHER ISN’T AROUND
- reincarnation or time loop or OOOOH TIME TRAVEL SCENARIOS
- dramatically saving each other from certain death or barely surviving something that almost makes the other break down and just smirking wearily and mumbling flippant smartass remarks to HIDE THE DEPTH OF THEIR FEELINGS
- undercover as lovers, the classic
- ALMOST KISSING. like getting so close that they start to close their eyes and hold their breath and then SOMETHING HAPPENS and they jump apart, that is MORE VALUABLE THAN ANY ACTUAL KISSING
- casually sitting on each other’s laps during ensemble cast conversations or scenes
- did i mention F AKE DATinG
Every time I see Daniel Grayson
somebody should write an essay comparing and contrasting tina from bob’s burgers and meg from family guy and explain why tina hit the mark for respectfully portraying the awkward teenage years and why meg is a huge fucking insensitive joke that isn’t even funny
Tina is a character, Meg is a punchline.
wow that’s a pretty concise essay
Hey! So, Coming Out Day is coming up soon (Oct. 11) and I just want to post a very stern reminder to NOT out anyone without their explicit permission.
Do NOT out anyone.
Asian & Black girls are constantly pinned against each other because we represent opposite sides of the “non-white people” spectrum. Asians are “submissive, quiet, and shy” while black girls are “aggressive, loud, extroverted” and whenever these paths cross, white people will get angry
They constantly tell Asian girls that they are the “good” minority, and in the same breath sexualize these women by taking and posting pictures of them clad in just swimsuits and japanese school girl uniforms
Whites tell us black girls that we are too loud and abrasive, but will put us on the front lines of Versace and Givenchy and praise our skin color and wish for our bone structure
Asian and Black girls are in a constant cycle of Idolization, dehumanization and fetishization and we need to break out of this vicious cycle and stand against white supremacy and this constructed racist institution